Wednesday 25 July 2012

50 shades of...







Reader, you know I have never read Fifty Shades of Grey, or it's sequels, but only because I have been assured they are not very good. There is even a post here, by a perfectly sensible and clearly bright blogger, Naughty Anna, which describes the reading process quite well. It sounds awful. But I haven't read it myself (and probably never will), so who am I to judge?

Anyway, this pic turned up on twitter yesterday and made me laugh. Can you imagine walking into WH Smith and putting up a notice like that? No, me neither, but maybe we should..

4 comments:

  1. Haha. Love that pic.
    I will say though that I've read all 3 books and while yes, it may never win a Nobel prize, I enjoyed reading them...... even if they were like a slightly more graphic Mills&Boon lol!
    I think everyone is taking the whole 50 shades thing a bit too seriously. Reading to me is a form of escapism. I read a wide range of books and sometimes, it's just nice to be able to sit down with a trashy book and just read and enjoy it for what it is.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think I agree everyone is taking it a bit too seriously :)
    I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I thoroughly enjoyed that, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know; I feel like I've provided a useful thing :D

      Delete